• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

caulerpa, where do i get it?

i got crabs

GPO
Registered
exactly what i said. I cnat find any caulerpa at my lps and would apreciate it if any1 new of a good inexpensive online retailer. also suggestions on how much and basic care would also b apreciated. :mrgreen:

i got crabs

GPO
Registered
no one knows where to get caulerpa? would any 1 want to sell me some cut off cheap? i did find a few online retailers but there flat shipping rate is more than the cost of the plant.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Do you have a local reef club or the like? We usually give it away here...

greg

i got crabs

GPO
Registered
:lol: thanu all for the advice. actually this lfs in union just got some in and they sold it to me for about 8$ a lb. he said all i have to do is plant it and keep the light on it for about 12 hrs. is this correct? any other sugestions. and no i dont belong to any reef clubs but if ant 1 wants to give anything away to me for free ill give u all hugs!!!

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
12-14 hours of good light exposure will give you a lot of growth in short order!!! Be sure to trim it back from time to time ...
greg

i got crabs

GPO
Registered
thanxs 4 da advice. as for right now i got it settled onto the rocks with the exception of a few smaller pcs that keep floatin away. ill let u know how it all goes. btw it was all curled up at the store and as of this morning most of the (leaves?) have un curled into little disks so i gues so far so good

Latest Forum Posts