• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

building cage.

octomania

Hatchling
Registered
im new to this and from reading this forum and other sites ive decided to get a Bimaculoides'. I have 36 by 16 by 16 aquarium. I was wondering if a sump is necesary, if so how do you build one. im going to use a protien skimmer co2 natural plant system, istant ocean 50 gl., renes air pump 75 galon. I know im probably forgetting something so if u could tell me what it is. I will also use live rock(how much), and live sand. I am on limeted funds, so any money saving areas would be nice.

thanks

On the main page, check out the "equipment list" article under "Cephalopod Care." Colin wrote up a nice general list of things you will want to consider.

As for specifics to your list, I can't answer many of them except to say, expect to spend more money than you think. Live rock is very expensive, and though I recommend it VERY highly, you would ideally want roughly 50 pounds or more of high-quality rock for your tank which at a bare minimum should cost you $200.

rusty

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back