• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

building cage.

octomania

Hatchling
Registered
im new to this and from reading this forum and other sites ive decided to get a Bimaculoides'. I have 36 by 16 by 16 aquarium. I was wondering if a sump is necesary, if so how do you build one. im going to use a protien skimmer co2 natural plant system, istant ocean 50 gl., renes air pump 75 galon. I know im probably forgetting something so if u could tell me what it is. I will also use live rock(how much), and live sand. I am on limeted funds, so any money saving areas would be nice.

thanks

On the main page, check out the "equipment list" article under "Cephalopod Care." Colin wrote up a nice general list of things you will want to consider.

As for specifics to your list, I can't answer many of them except to say, expect to spend more money than you think. Live rock is very expensive, and though I recommend it VERY highly, you would ideally want roughly 50 pounds or more of high-quality rock for your tank which at a bare minimum should cost you $200.

rusty

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shakyamuni

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak