• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Big Red in Seattle Aquarium??

pipsquek

Wonderpus
Registered
So I recently read that the Seattle Aquarium is doing some major remodeling, including adding on a quite a bit. Somewhere in there they mentioned art as well. I think that Seattle would be a good place for Big Red, since they seem to have such an interest in GPOs.

So, does anybody on TONMO work there, or no someone who does? I am trying to get the name of the curators to send them pics and info.

BTW Tony, I will have a completed article soon on the construction if you are interested in posting it, I would appreciate it.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
If that doesn't work, why don't you approach the Moody Gardens in Glaveston. It's a complex including a hotel, IMAX theater, rain forest pyramid, public aquarium. I think they will be emphasizing cephs more, now that the NRCC is moving over there.

They have nice public areas, and although Big Reg is really not from the area, I don't think it would make any difference.

Nancy

Taollan

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
A person you could get a hold of would be the GPO expert at the Seattle Aquarium, Roland Anderson. His email is [email protected]. I don't know how soon you could get it there, but the week after next is going to be "Octopus Week" at the Seattle Aquarium and Big Red may be a great fit for that.

pipsquek

Wonderpus
Registered
Awesome. Thanks for the contact. I'll let you know how it goes.

I would love to get it in there for octopus week, but I don't know if they would move that quickly on it. I could certainly get it there, though.

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Good luck with this! Your work definitely needs to be on public display, and you definitely need to be well-paid for your amazing creation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kungtao

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak