• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

any octo folks on here selling bimacs?

My last octo died, i think from old age since my water is perfect and foot is plentiful. anyone selling bimacs? i'd love a California 2-spot again...

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
We hope that some captive bred bimacs will be available in a few months.

I'll be checking into this and will post about it soon. Or, perhaps our breeders will post directly.

Nancy

Bigpapa

Wonderpus
Registered
marinebio_guy;100506 said:
Right now I have some eggs. I usually only raise about 5 hatchlings as thats is all I handle at any one time.
Hello Marinebio guy, by the sounds of it those might be due around the same time I would be looking for one. If you could let me know an eta on them I would know better-I dont know at what age you let them go and how long that is from now. I am looking in the 1-2 month from now range for my tank to be well cycled and ready. Thanks!!

They are about a month from hatching

Bigpapa;100535 said:
Hello Marinebio guy, by the sounds of it those might be due around the same time I would be looking for one. If you could let me know an eta on them I would know better-I dont know at what age you let them go and how long that is from now. I am looking in the 1-2 month from now range for my tank to be well cycled and ready. Thanks!!

DHyslop;100562 said:
A two-week old octopus is very small. Do you know what you would feed it?

You could feed it live mysid shrimp, small ghost shrimp, or hand feed it frozen krill,plankton,mysid. They can eat something the same size they are and they would be about the size of a quarter at 2 weeks old

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHF8

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak