• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

where to find a cuttlefish for my tank

KDS

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Hello,
I am interested in keeping a cuttlefish, preferrably S. bandensis, but I am having trouble finding one. I have kept an octopus before successfully (she laid eggs) so I think I can do a cuttlefish as well. If any one knows where to purchase a cuttlefish or has any words of advise, please let me know. Thankyou in advance!
KDS

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
I don't know that there are any available at the moment, but contact Thales (formerely Righty) and Paradox, who post on this website - these two occasionally do breed the small cuttles you're looking for.

Nancy

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I have none available to part with right now, and there don't seem to be any importing either. There seem to be two waves of egg imports - one around October and the other around May.