• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

WHAT SHOULD I DO

marineboy

Wonderpus
Registered
I have a couple hot spots that I visit routinely for octopus. One is swami's beach in san diego county at encinitas. the other is cardiff state beach which is just down the road where I find full grown adult octopus in enormous reef caves. If your ever down here give me a call at (760) 942-9259 and ask for michael. I would love to meet some of the experts on this site. :smile:

The shells are Lithopoma Undosum and they look like -

They are common off of the California and Baja coast.

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
marineboy said:
I have a couple hot spots that I visit routinely for octopus. One is swami's beach in san diego county at encinitas. the other is cardiff state beach which is just down the road where I find full grown adult octopus in enormous reef caves. If your ever down here give me a call at (760) 942-9259 and ask for michael. I would love to meet some of the experts on this site. :smile:

Thanks... I'll get in touch if I'm heading down that way, although I can't claim to be an expert, just an obsessive amateur... but I'd love it if you'd show me around the local tidepools!

marineboy

Wonderpus
Registered
Yeah those are the shells. Yeah, so anytime your near I can show you around. It is quite exilerating on the hunt of wild octos!