• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

What about infection in Octopus vulgaris?

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
monty;111107 said:
No iridophores or leucophores or papillae, either, then, I expect?
Nope!

marla said:
The octopus is about 9 months old..that I think is not so old..also because the lesions starts about 3 months ago.
So what about skin parassite?
I'm sorry Marla but octopus don't live very long. The species we get in NZ live for 2 years and that's a long time! 9 months is getting old for many species and the lesions can be the first signs of the end. Octopus don't seem to get skin parasites much although you can't rule it out . Your octopus could live for some time yet, the lesions don't seem to slow them down much. How is his appetite? At the end of his life he'll probably stop eating altogether.

:sad:

J

marla

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I thought of parassite or similar because it's always the same for the other behaviors: it eats and play like months ago..however, i'll control the evolution of the lesion...
thank you all

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eschwesinger

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak