Well...it had to be on the web...

You'll have to admit though, that when you look like Yoda, chastity is probably the only honourable option left...

"It gets rid of a lot of dogma that's being taught in the classroom today."

Kansasinine. This allows something at least as bad as dogma into the classroom. This is good news for "No Child Left Behind", I guess. It's impossible to leave anyone behind if you don't ever go anywhere in the first place.

'In addition, the board rewrote the definition of science, so that it is no longer limited to the search for natural explanations of phenomena.' :bonk:

Motion to rewrite the definition of 'octopus' to include the original 8-appendaged cephalopods, plus puppies, termites, pizza, slime mold, and Wayland Smithers.

Any takers?

dear aunt Em,
hate kansas. hate you.
taking the dog.
love dorothy

:mad: If the rules won't let you win, then change the rules. that pesky bit about science requiring evidence got you down? Just change the definition of science. Are physics teachers going to have to teach perpetual motion and heliocentrism? The idea of "teaching both sides" seems to appeal to middle America's inate sense of fairness, but science ain't fair--no evidence then no science.

Wow! :shock:
I had NO idea that it was that bad! Thank heavens I live north of the border. Our zombies are much more considerate then those of the south. They prefer to make polite chit-chat while they are chasing you down. It really does put one's mind at ease about passing over to the other side. :biggrin2:

Back on subject:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051109/pl_nm/election_usa_evolution_dc

The school board in Pennsylvania that approved teaching ID has been thrown out! I didn't even know that they could do that! Hahaha! One of the new board members said "intelligent design will no longer be a part of the science curriculum, regardless of how the court rules."

Cheers!

hey does ID say anything about zombies? maybe the designer will decide to send waves of zombies to attack us. BTW the definition of octopus should also include people suffering from cranial rectosis

main_board said:
Wow! :shock:
I had NO idea that it was that bad! Thank heavens I live north of the border. Our zombies are much more considerate then those of the south. They prefer to make polite chit-chat while they are chasing you down. It really does put one's mind at ease about passing over to the other side. :biggrin2:

Back on subject:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051109/pl_nm/election_usa_evolution_dc

The school board in Pennsylvania that approved teaching ID has been thrown out! I didn't even know that they could do that! Hahaha! One of the new board members said "intelligent design will no longer be a part of the science curriculum, regardless of how the court rules."

Cheers!
a rush of brains to the head thank ghod.

On Nov. 8, citizens of Dover, PA, voted overwhelmingly to oust their school board over the board’s support of “intelligent design”.

Well, well, well… look what the rat dragged in…

Televangelist Pat Robertson today announced something interesting today. Quoted from the nice folks at CNN.com: ‘I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected Him from your city," Robertson said on his daily television show broadcast from Virginia, "The 700 Club."’

Wow. ‘IF’ there is a disaster in their area, huh? This is the same guy that told residents of Orlando, Florida that they faced “hurricanes, earthquakes,”… and, get this… “terrorist bombs” for the open display of rainbow flags signifying support for homosexuals. The final threat there worried me. It’s the underlying, unsaid “wink wink, nudge nudge” to potential whackjobs looking for people to kill – its undeclared support for terror that worries me, and for remarks like that we should all watch Robertson closely. A few weeks ago he called for the assassination of Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez. Now, as a brazen affront to science and freedom of political choice, he threatens the people of Dover.

Is this the face of intelligent design? Of course not. Here’s to hoping that someone brings back the “civil” in civil discussions.

John

It's sad that a crazy/evil/confused old $#!k like that can avoid being locked inside the proper instutions simply by his constant reiteration of the 'G'-word. Maybe we should think about taking him (and his ilk) out? And I'm not talking about kidnapping, Pat.

I keep hoping that with his history of shady dealings, agressive takeovers of other peoples' ministries, insanely tactless public statements, and suspicious investments (at home and abroad), that sooner or later he'll take HIMSELF out. Hmm. Been hoping that for almost twenty years now. Surely there's got to be some really good compromising dirt on this guy. It isn't like he keeps a low profile.

I'm sure people see through the schtick after a while...ID was rejected even here in Arizona. (guess I better be on the lookout, huh?)

I wonder why Roberts and the like all seem to feel like they know more about god than anyone else ?

Religion belongs in the church and in the home...not at school.

and if you don't feel the same way I do, I'm quitting and leaving. LOL...

greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back