• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Weird stuff's a-growin on the sand.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Without photos or a better description, it would be impossible to say. Check your water parameters too !

AprylWillis

GPO
Registered
I usually just sift the sand. I wouldn't recommend putting anything that claims it can get rid of it by simply putting in a liquid. Do you have a vacuum? That's how I sift my sand--I also do it manually. What type of light do you use?

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Well, before we all get excited, it would probably be best to find out what the particulates are like, and maybe a pic or two?

AprylWillis

GPO
Registered
I don't know if we should wait for him to take pictures. I would recommend siphoning out like Animal Mother and I suggested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kungtao

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak