• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

The future is wild

octobloke

Cuttlefish
Registered
Watched a programme on animal planet on Sunday called 'The future is wild'. Basically it was the first 1 of 6 documentaries speculating on what life would be on earth after a second ice age. If it's repeated watch it.
You can see Swampus an amphibious octopus that feeds on 100 tonne cow like animals using its toxic bite. Squidus was a giant forest dwelling squid that lives in forests that have permanent rainfall. Finally a tree octopus, sharing the same forest as squidus, that swings through trees putting tarzan to shame.
I know you may think I'm pulling your leg but there is a website for the book www.thefutureiswildbook.com. There is also a series website but it didn't work when I had a look.

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Wow, I tend to avoid TV but I think for this one I'd make an exception... wonder if it will air in NZ ever? :?

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guillermo Oro Marcos

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak