• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

the awful film:

sounds like i might take a pass on this one. I don't think any movie has done justice to HPL. Well at the mountains of madness had the right feel but...........

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Erich? What was the one you brought up...that was passable, if not downright good. (Call of me)
This one, I have seen most of it already on various sites...it is farcical and completely unlike HPL in any way, shape, or formlessness!

Like, totally gag a cephalopod!

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Are you talking of "The Call of Cthulhu" silent flick from the HPLHS? That was the same crew that brought you the recording of "Shoggoth on the Roof". Yeah, I thought this "Cthulhu" flick with Tori Spelling has looked just horrible from the get-go, but at least Ms. Spelling definitely has the "Innsmouth Look" already. That would also be a great tag-line for a line of cthonic comsetics - obviously eye-makeup.

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Fujisawas Sake;85434 said:
Tori Spelling in a Cthulhu film? Oh the stars are SO not right with that... :banghead:

correction: the stars will NEVER be right for that...

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Don't worry, she is visible for about a minute or so...

But to the ancients, 1 minute is as a lifetime! This is heresy! This isn't Mountains of Madness 90210!

There HAS to be an ally of Cthulhu somewhere off this cold Northern California coast who can right this terrible wrong...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PmZkilla

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak