the awful film:

sounds like i might take a pass on this one. I don't think any movie has done justice to HPL. Well at the mountains of madness had the right feel but...........

Erich? What was the one you brought up...that was passable, if not downright good. (Call of me)
This one, I have seen most of it already on various sites...it is farcical and completely unlike HPL in any way, shape, or formlessness!

Like, totally gag a cephalopod!

Are you talking of "The Call of Cthulhu" silent flick from the HPLHS? That was the same crew that brought you the recording of "Shoggoth on the Roof". Yeah, I thought this "Cthulhu" flick with Tori Spelling has looked just horrible from the get-go, but at least Ms. Spelling definitely has the "Innsmouth Look" already. That would also be a great tag-line for a line of cthonic comsetics - obviously eye-makeup.

Well, I know that Spanish director Guillermo del Toro ('Hellboy') has plans to adapt At the Mountains of Madness on a large-scale, but haven't heard any follow-up. I've always fancied a non-Sandra Dee adaptation of The Dunwich Horror myself.

Bleccccccch

I watched the trailer for this one. Trailer's are supposed to be sort of "best of" the movie, right? To make you want to go see it? If the trailer makes it look bad, just imagine sitting through a whole movie. I won't do it.

If you want to see a good HPL film you can't really go wrong with the stuff that Lurker Films is putting out on DVD. And I'm not just saying that because some music videos for The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets are on the "Rough Magik" collection.

Lurker Films

And yes, the HPL Society's "The Call of Cthulhu" was a real piece of art! http://www.cthulhulives.org/cocmovie/

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back