• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Talk Cephalopod Ceph

This is for poeple who likes to add in something or chat about the Narritive...

1) My name is Eric, Erich is someone else, Eric ( who is actually quite smart for a 14 yr old) is Chrono_war01. Erich, it's not you in the story, and his mentor might be called: ( I kno this spells differently if you read the books from where I get the name)
Darius Shan
Larten Cresply
Steve Lepoardo
Steve O'shea
Alberto
Alexander Romanov
Yuri
Or just Eric's mentor ( who I will insist on calling him Steve O'Shea or Larten)

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
It seems that the story is running with these characters so far:
Dan/Daniel : captain, a depressed man worried about finances and scared by something in his past.
Eric: 1st mate...somewhat clumsy, but of good intent.
Albatross: the 147 foot ship with a shallow draft, prone to being skittish on the open sea.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Dunno yet...he is the captain, but that may not necessarily be the same...hmmm...the plot thickens.

GPO87

Sepia elegans
Staff member
... I'm confused, so far I've determined that Dan and Eric (not erich) are albatrosses sailing aboard the chrono_war01, and have just recently run into a thinckening plot. I guess that makes sense when you think about it standing on your head! Anyway, if the stories any good it has to contain waffles, so...

Dan and Eric were sitting in the cabin of their ship calmy eating waffles, when suddenly a giant octopus came swimming out of the thickening plot!

NOW THE STORIE'S EXCITING!

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
What's Eric's mum's name?

Oh darn, I've been online so long I burnt the spuds :mad:

Guess it's back to beans and sausages tonight.

Mum's?

What all this got to do with mums?
Fact: My mom's name is Jackie ( Not Jacky)

By the way while I was looking at the web for games, I cam across a interesting artcile about how someone has putted motion-dectecing cameras in the sea with a jellyfish lure that has pretty lights on it, and the lure flashes intervals of flashes that experts say might be to attract bigger predators to eat one that's attacking a jellyfish. It also serves as a tool to see how life goes on after after we move away from the site with our annoyingly bright lights and noise from the sub. They took pics of a large ( but not giant) squid, a 6 or 7 gill shark ( don't remember and some other stuff.
Anyone seen the site?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kezrah

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak