• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

possible sump design

I'm thinking of using this sump. please critisize me and tell me how to improve it. I want to use it for a bimac

Attachments

• conv_302970.jpg
    conv_302970.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 90

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
A ten gallon tank would work as a sump for a 15-25 gallon tank...I'd bump it up to a 20 gallon sump, and a 50 gallon tank.
Don't forget the skimmer, the sump is the best place for it !

dragonfish

GPO
Registered
fish in the sump should work. of course don't overdo it. but one or 2 damsels, clownfish,... anything small should work fine.

I used my sump for some small fish that were in the tank when starting it up. it was also a great place for dumping surplus feeder crabs

just make sure skimmer, pumps, ... are inaccessible to the fish/crabs/...