• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Oscars first pictures

delosa

O. vulgaris
Registered
Here is a 1 min video of my new octopus. I was hoping someone could help me id him.

He is approx 6" long. So far, he is more active at night, but he moves around during the day too.

Most of the the pictures are taken from the side of a 75 gal tank.

He loves fiddler crabs.

Attachments

• conv_303035.wmv
    1 MB · Views: 56

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
He looks sturdier and stockier than a bimac to me. Does he have false eyespot - rings - below his eyes?

He doesn't have much webbing, I notice.

Nancy

Upvote 0

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
I noticed the short webbing too but the patterning and suggested eye spot doesn't look like Mercatoris (short webbed pygmy).

Upvote 0
Look up Clyde the Octopus, same species. Clydes owner has 2 more just like him as well, and I don't think he ever figured out what species they are exactly, but they all came from saltwaterfish.com.

They are all VERY day active, and yellow seems to be one of their favorite colors.

Some of the coolest captive octopus video I have seen, Goodwin9's photobucket page: http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/goodwin9/?action=view&current=Clydefeeding.flv

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndyR83

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak