• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

[Cuttlefish Eggs]: Officinalis Eggs Found in Garden

Fishgeek1979

Blue Ring
Registered
Temp is 25C that's as low as its going to go without a chiller (which I am trying to sort) add some plastic plants and they are moving about swimming well, hunting the mysis. Watched one stalk up and pounce.

They don't like it too bright so just enough light to keep night/day cycle. Next door to there tank is the mysis breeding tank, but don't think it's going to keep up with their appetites so have offered more mysis and feeder shrimp from lfs.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    962.4 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    889.4 KB · Views: 124

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
hmmm - well i can download the file above and play it back no problem...

You can also upload it to our Media Gallery for automatic playback. Once it's posted there, you can grab the BB code on the right margin of the view page, and paste it here on the forums, like so:

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
i think the second video's thumbnail didn't render because the video is short (<10 seconds) but the video plays fine.

Thanks for contributing!! Great stuff.

Fishgeek1979

Blue Ring
Registered
Hi everyone,

Now have at least six healthy active little babies, eating well and all look perfect.

Does anyone know why they stick the tentacle with the suckers on up in the air like a periscope? Is it like a lure to interest prey? Mine are all doing it, looks very cute.

Fishgeek1979

Blue Ring
Registered
Amazing! Thanks for that link, my baby's also Bob up and down, specially when a mysid swims past they actually look excited.
They are getting better at catching the shrimp already yesterday was lots of missing but today both times I watched them strike they got them.