Octo in need of RESCUING

Since we know it's not a bimac, the best assumption is tropical temperatures. Most of the octopuses imported are from tropical areas.

We're all greatful that you're taking such good care of an octopus that needs a rescue.

Nancy

thank you... i just couldn't let him sit there... and i would keep him but i know that i can't give him the best home right now...

I work at Petco and they call me MOM because I take care of all of the animals and the people too... right now my project is a guinea pig that have to have surgery to remove an absess and I have to clean and flush her wound twice a day... I even do it when i take shane dinner at night when he is working and i am not...

legs... and in some of the pics you can see a short one but that is not a front one.... it is the second... just one growing back from some time ago...

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

the air stone is about 11 1/2 inches long...

and in the last pic if you can see the seems in the floor it is 7 5/8 inches...

I have started calling him Lucky...

It looks like Lucky is going to go to school... to do a little learning and a little teaching.... he is going to go to Walla Walla on saturday... I am sure he will be very happy...

Nice full-grown male aculeatus! He looks really healthy. I say male because of the enlarged suckers, though occasionally very large females have them. Though at this size if it were a female the ovary would probably be more distended. When it rests on the glass do you see a groove along the back edge of one of the arms (the third back from the eyes, on his right side- your left side as you're looking at his suckers on the glass)

how far down should i be looking...

I wish Lucky was a girl... I want lucky babies...but I just assumed because of the suckers he was a he...

Thank you everyone for helping me with Lucky... I will keep you posted on how he is doing.. he isn't leaving until saturday...

yes... i am very glad he doesn't have to go in the mail again... 4 hours and then he will have a 100 gal tank to himself to live out his days...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back