Octo in need of RESCUING

You can get insulated shipping boxes from Staples Office Stores. Sometimes you have to order them online and have them shipped to the nearest Staples.

I have to agree with Thales about the shipping method, my guys were little compared to the water volume and they weren't using much oxygen.

SandV

Wonderpus
Registered
DSC_0006.jpg

SandV

Wonderpus
Registered
ok... he is here... i just didn't want him staying at the store... I deffinately don't see any eyespots... i watched him at the store.. he was pacing and now he is in a 40... he was pacing the side glass and now he is just sitting...

simple

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
is it out during the day? and is it eating well?
he looks really cool, and im loving the texture changes. In a few days i would be able to take him, but it is not a sure thing, since im deciding between this guy or a briareus.

SandV

Wonderpus
Registered
he does not seem to have eyespots.... i have watched him for a long time looking...

he is the color of the last pics when he is resting and the first pics when upset or startled.... he gets really textured... but not so much at rest

SandV

Wonderpus
Registered
what size bag would you ship an octo of this size in?..... i want to send the poor guy with like 25 gal...lol but that isn't going to work

SandV

Wonderpus
Registered
he looks really good.... he has one leg shorter than the rest but you can tell it is old and where it is growing from... and he has the tip of one missing and you can see that in the pic...

He ate when i took him a clam at the store but i has to give him a piece of it... i had to touch him with it... but they were giving him feeder guppies and he ate those but not the TINY hermits in with him...

He is sleeping now and has been for a few hours but I don't know really what to make of that... his is just in the corner of the tank.. he hasn't even touched the rocks.. but he has had a ROUGH few days so i don't know if he is just really tired... he hasn't eaten since yesterday morning (but hasn't been offered any) so we will see what happens when he wakes up

kirrabi

Hatchling
Registered
If you plan to transport him in O2 filled plastic bag, double bag him with newspaper lining between the two bags (about half way up should do it). This will cut down on the stress. Kind of like covering a bird if you know what I mean.

SandV

Wonderpus
Registered
that is a good idea.... i never thought of using newspaper... i like to use the bags with the half black bottom but i don't have any right now and i don't have really big ones....

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
thanks for the pics... very nice camo and texture, and he sure looks happier than the way you described him in the store... It looks like there might be oversized suckers on some arms, so I'm guessing he's a he, but that might be my imagination. The texture looks like some aculeatus pictures to me, but I'm not at all sure.

SandV

Wonderpus
Registered
Some suckers look enlarged to me but i don't know for sure... should all of his arms have enlarged suckers?

He looks very much like Biddle to me... that is the 1st thing that i thought when i saw him.... they think he is a Vulgaris

do aculeatus have eyespots?

SandV

Wonderpus
Registered
he seems to have a pointed mantle if that helps at all...

is there anything else on him that i can take a pic of to help id him?