Ochi is here

Thanks, been reading on your Jetta's Egg Saga, sounds exciting!!!

Ochi is doing great, he is getting ever more curious of exactly what is going on. I was worried at first because I placed his tank in the center of my house so you can see on all sides. Not really the center but between an open archway. He seems to really like this location, he scoots all over looking in this and that room. I leave the front window open for him, and it must be strange for him to be able to sit and look out into the world at eye level :goofysca:

But everyday I come home and he is in the same spot looking out front and then he want to play or eat.

Thanks for asking and good luck with thoose eggs!! and the feeding of Jetta :wink:

That sounds like an excellent place for Ochi, lots to watch. Octopuses like to be where there's some activity, more than I originally thought.

Maybe Ochi will be like Ollie, and in 5 or 6 months want to climb out and see what the outside world is really like.

Nancy

But we'll just have to hope that this curiousity would be satisfied, and fast. Octopus seem to like attention but can become nervous with too many unfamiliar faces around.

He has blown me away!! I would definately say he loves his view.

Yesterday I tried the feeding stick and a little fish for the first time. Have been giving him clams, and crabs, but we were haveing fresh fish for din, so I thought what the hey. As soon as it went in he was on the stick like he knew that thing has food. :o

Fun little wrestling match and tug of war! However, he spit the fish out after eating it and it was a small piece.

But this morn as I got up, he was hanging out on his ship, and I had a few shell to janitor for him. Next thing I know he is on my hand like that stick. Didn't bite, but scared the pucky out of me! :shock: I didn't yank my hand away, but let him explore and he grabbed on like 3 times. I had to him a clam after that.

I did not expect him to be so adjusted and used to me this quickly, but we have spent a lot of time together already.

Sorry for the novel, but this is too cool!!! 8) :biggrin2: 8)

Ochi is doing really well. If he's exploring your hand already, you should become great pals pretty quickly. I'd love to see a pic of Ochi hanging out of the ship.

Please continue with the detailed reports (you and all the other octo owners, too). They're fun to read and give us valuable information. Don't worry about boring us - you won't! :smile:

You might try a bit of fresh scallop in feeding him. Little bimacs seem to prefer that to fish. Fresh shrimp are excellent, but are hard to come by.

Nancy

Hi neptune, very nice basket star (feather), yes the crinoids can be quite tricky but i have never had any, how long has it been there and what's if eating etc???

cool 8)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back