[Non-Ceph] Bits 'n Pieces

spartacus said:
I'm quite interested as he looks a bit like an ex (female, let's get THAT clear)

Keef,

Was her name Tri-sarahtops by any chance?

cuttlegirl said:
Is this really a trace fossil from a trilobite?

Hi ya,

Yes, I imagine it probably is just that. If you look at the lozenge shape you can see that it is scored with a median line with what appear to be sweeping brush strokes either side. Those would have been where the legs of the trilobite would have brushed along as it dug a tunnel, the line cleaving the tunnel in two being the centre line of the animal.

Have a look at this for further proof, scroll down the page to halfway and look at the pictures:

Research at KPS

Cuddlefish said:
Where do you find those nautilus avatars?

Do you mean the smilies? If so, I drew most of the fossil ones for this site, um... turned them into transparencies and Tony posted them.

KatiE~DolphiN said:
? confused... U2... like as in the band...is it supposed to be a joke...
Hello KatiE,

Oooohhh, makin' me feel real old, KatiE.

Before U2 was an Irish band I won't hear a word against, it was an infamous spyplane designed and built by Lockheed of California. The Lockheed U-2 was basically a glider with a jet engine buried in the tail, designed to fly high and slow whilst taking pictures of Russia for the CIA. An American U-2 was shot down over Sverdlosk, U.S.S.R in May, 1960, sparking a major diplomatic incident.

Anyhow, there've been rumors of a pterosaur with a truly massive wingspan, so...

Cheers,
Clem

You're very good at your job... sigh...

Please find herewith pics of said spyplane and some terrific shots from its cockpit at 30 Km's + up, talk about a view...

technically it's a TR-1, but it's still a U2 to me :wink:

And now :coffee:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back