[Non-Ceph] Bits 'n Pieces

Maybe cephs can swim away from pine tree sap? Of today's jelly's I think only that awful thing in New Zeland can swim (great special on the box jelly on the TV the other night, Neal no longer wants to dive anywhere south of the equator).

dwhatley;104148 said:
Maybe cephs can swim away from pine tree sap? Of today's jelly's I think only that awful thing in New Zeland can swim (great special on the box jelly on the TV the other night, Neal no longer wants to dive anywhere south of the equator).

Don't tell Neal that there are box jellies in Hawai'i...

According to this they're the "really hurts and might cause anaphylaxis" box jellies rather than the "can easily kill humans, allergic or not" kind in Hawaii, at least...

I was kayaking in Sausalito among some 6-8 inch moon jellies last weekend, but I didn't have a camera.

monty;104174 said:
According to this they're the "really hurts and might cause anaphylaxis" box jellies rather than the "can easily kill humans, allergic or not" kind in Hawaii, at least...

I was kayaking in Sausalito among some 6-8 inch moon jellies last weekend, but I didn't have a camera.

That's true, I used to see them when I worked in Waikiki at the Natatorium, an old salt water swimming pool. I never encountered them personally though...

I wish I had written down the name (and channel) of that special - 300 pound jelly fish anyone?

After seeing the moon jellies at our new aquarium we looked into keeping some kind of jelly fish in our 4' tall but only 1' diameter 30 gallon tank. It only took a few minutes of study to kill the idea though. I even asked Ken about getting us the "upside down" jellies that are often seen in the shallows in the keys. He made it very clear that they were "nasty", killed everything where they took up residence and would ruin the tank for other creatures even after they expired, which would not be long after putting them in the tank.

What a stunning find. Those barbs and hooks on the claws look really vicious.

This many buses Tony?

Attachments

• conv_292020.jpg
    conv_292020.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 98

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back