No name....

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I got a call from LFS in Pa last night that they had gotten an octopus in. Jess and I left today at 5:30 and just got home at 11PM. I don't know what he is, but he tried to escape the bag while dripping, crawled almost to the top of the bag out of water. Once in the tank, the serpent starfish perked right up. It's like the starfish knows there's an octopus in the tank again. Anyway the new octo was not even in the tank 3 minutes when he discovered the one last little crab that I've had for about 4 months. They had another one that was quite a bit larger, but I did not get it as I am still waiting on a replacement vulgaris. One of this ones legs has quite a chunk out of it. His mantle is the size of a large grape. I'm thinking one of the longer arm species, could be a dwarf as he reminds me of some I had a few years ago. First pics are terrible, but pics! :smile:

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Welcome to No Name (and I hope he gets one soon!)
Am looking forward to more pics.

Nancy

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
We saw an arm tonight! I was not sure if Noname was even alive anymore as nothing has been eaten from the tank, but in looking with a flashlight we saw eyes and movement! I still think I have one of those dwarfs that I had 2 of a year or so ago, but I am thrilled he is still with us. Think it's one week tomorrow!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I had a sighting tonight. I'm not sure what Noname is eating but I think the shore shrimp we added are dwindling in number. He's very reclusive but after an hour power outage tonight (a car knocked down a pole on a residential street next to us), once the lights came back on, he was out in his spot feeling and oozing and watching me! I'm thrilled. I was not sure he was still alive as the last sighting was a week ago. And I got 1 pic! I used my daughters tiny little pig flashlight and he actually put up with a light being shined on him till I got one good pic!

Latest Posts