• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Nice Video of Coconut Octopus

mucktopus

Haliphron Atlanticus
Staff member
Back in the days of filming A. margnatus for the walking octopus paper we heard a story of one seen almost completely clammed up in two halves of a coconut shell while and sticking two arms out the bottom and running along the sand- like fred flintstone in his car. Apparently a picture was taken but neither the photographer nor the evidence could be found.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Mucktopus,
When I saw the video I went looking for the credits and was actually surprised you were not the photographer :wink:. From you note I guess adding three initials removed some of the diving :confused:

I was lucky to see this first hand in Indonesia. This guy was running across the bottom with his favorite shell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conor Henry

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak