Nice Video of Coconut Octopus

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
While I was watching Tuvalu's video on YouTube, a secondary video, Octopus on the Catwalk was next in line and is also a great one to watch.

Back in the days of filming A. margnatus for the walking octopus paper we heard a story of one seen almost completely clammed up in two halves of a coconut shell while and sticking two arms out the bottom and running along the sand- like fred flintstone in his car. Apparently a picture was taken but neither the photographer nor the evidence could be found.

Mucktopus,
When I saw the video I went looking for the credits and was actually surprised you were not the photographer :wink:. From you note I guess adding three initials removed some of the diving :confused:

I was lucky to see this first hand in Indonesia. This guy was running across the bottom with his favorite shell

Octopusmobilehome.jpg

I am soooo envious. The closest I have knowingly come to seeing an octopus in the ocean was the one that climbed out of the dead coral we collected when I was a young teenager!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back