• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

[News]: OCTOPUS CRACKS SAFES - Glasgow Daily Record

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff
OCTOPUS CRACKS SAFES
[SIZE=-1]Glasgow Daily Record, UK - 49 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]SQUIRT, a giant octopus at a Cornwall aquarium, has learned how to crack safes with increasingly difficult locks. Squirt's keepers ... [/SIZE]

More...

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
This may be the shortest and most uninformative article of all time, but it would be of interest to anyone in proximity of the Cornwall aquarium, if only because they could go there and try to get more info. Is "Squirt" the same octopus that has gotten PR from the latest round of "shrimp in a jar" experiments?

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Probably one of my greatest desires ever for a captive octopus would be to utilize it this way in some "Crime of the Century", but I frankly, just don't buy it. Has anybody heard anything else? I really, really doubt this one.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
To restate my first post, I am guessing that this article *is* in reference to the "shrimp in a jar" experiements, with obligatory sensationalization.

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Ah, sh***y journalism triumphant, once again. I love how this just keeps going around and around indefinitely.

jc45

GPO
Registered
Original title of article: "Octopus Cracks Jar"

Then sensationalistic editing reared its ugly head...

Joey

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary T

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak