News: Biology Club gets an octopus

That didn't bother me as much as this...
Club members said they bought the animal to tote to Anchorage elementary schools,

portable octopus?

Also this
hopes that Tako will someday make an agreeable, living alternative to squid dissections.

I have done thousands of squid dissections with students and while it would be wonderful to have a live cephalopod that the students could observe I am not sure how it could replace a squid dissection where they could examine the internal features up close. What are they going to do, train Tako to "open wide" and show everyone his gills???

cuttlegirl said:
I have done thousands of squid dissections with students and while it would be wonderful to have a live cephalopod that the students could observe I am not sure how it could replace a squid dissection where they could examine the internal features up close. What are they going to do, train Tako to "open wide" and show everyone his gills???

Likewise, but I'm lucky enough to work at an aquarium so our student visitors can go see a live octopus before or after their dissection time.....tis invaluable stuff.

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back