New Boat Rant!

Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
397
Alright! We just got a new boat! Its a used 24 footer, and in pretty good condition. We bought it from of some skindivers and it even has a little mini fish hold thingy! Were gonna set up a pump to cycle fresh water into it so we can keep live fish alive longer lol! And no more sleeping out in the rain because its even got a small cabin. Man I can't wait to use it! :boat:
 

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
4,884
Congrats! Does it have a name? If it was owned by divers, does it have a compressor on board? I guess as 24 footer's a bit small for a compressor, though...
 
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
397
Thx! The names a bit wierd, it means friendship, I think its spelled Lauled.
But were gonna change it. lol i want to name it after a ceph. And no it doesnt have a compressor, not yet anyways...
 

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
Joined
Nov 19, 2002
Messages
4,218
:welcome: back OM.........where ya been?

Congrats on the boat. Name ..........hmmmmm if I had one I'd call it Wheke...........Maori for octopus!

J
 
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
397
Jean said:
:welcome: back OM.........where ya been?

Congrats on the boat. Name ..........hmmmmm if I had one I'd call it Wheke...........Maori for octopus!

J

Thanks Jean, Ive been distracted by lots of stuff school mainly. Lots of pressure to get in a private school. :read: But I always check back from time to time. And Wheke you say? I love it! And it's polynessian. I think, so it fits right in.
 
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
4,935
I spent three years in Hawaii getting my master's degree working with cuttlefish (had to import them...). I lived with two local guys and still have some really good friends in Mililani and Pearl City.
 
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
397
cuttlegirl said:
I spent three years in Hawaii getting my master's degree working with cuttlefish (had to import them...). I lived with two local guys and still have some really good friends in Mililani and Pearl City.

Woah cool, where did you get your degree? The university of Hawaii?

So its a livewell is it? I was wonferign that. Thanks!
 
Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Messages
403
Does it have a backup motor? We had a little 15 horse outboard with a special mount for our 25 footer and it came in handy a couple of times saving many $ in tow fees. Without it I would have been a little leery about taking day trips across to the Bahamas (this was pre gps, all we had was a loran and a compass). Enjoy the new boat .:boat:
 
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
4,935
Originally posted by Octomush

Woah cool, where did you get your degree? The university of Hawaii

University of Hawaii at Manoa. The professors I worked with don't work there anymore (one retired, the other is a whole other story...).
 
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
397
cuttlegirl said:
University of Hawaii at Manoa. The professors I worked with don't work there anymore (one retired, the other is a whole other story...).

Very cool, and what do you mean by "Whole other story?" If you dont mind me asking that is.
 
Top