• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

My tank for near dead fish.

So my tank's been over run with coraline algae...havn't been cleaned for months, don't know the level of nitrates and copper. And I have this sole/dab/flounder thing in my tank after seeing it lay around in the supermarket. What's does those bottom dwelling feeders eat?
Mine is about 20 cm long and has funny zebra lines on it back but it's brown and white. I suspect it's a Moses sole...

This will be a journal for all the rubbish fish I put in my tank.
Longest record for a animal alive: 3 prawns (6 months)
Shortest record: angelfish (30 seconds) :cry:

The dab, sole flounder thing keeps bashing inyo the glass! But it sure is doing a good job churning up the sand. I gave it some dead shrimp without the shell but it's not eating it.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
Our flounders and sole eat minced fish, but it takes them some time to get used to it. If your tank was as messy as you say then there may have been amphis that the flounder would eat, plus they'll go for any worms etc

Cheers

J

Sorry, we don't really get live rock here, so no amphis and worms. How about shrimp without shells? I'll try mince fish next/ And how do I make the mince fish sink without causing the tank to become watery chum?

whopee! My fish survived for a whole week!
The state of my tank is just like HK ( overcrowded).
New addistions include:
1 stone fish,
2 5cm long flounder sorta thing.
1 puffer fish
1 red fish thing
1 trigger fish thing.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Is this the tank for fish you save from the supermarket? And wouldn't it be better to keep the tank in as good condition as possible?

Nancy

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
try posting pics and we'll see if we can ID your 'things'

my stonefish

I couldn't get the pics of the other fish since the other fishs move! :lol:

Attachments

• conv_287747.jpg
    conv_287747.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 42
  • conv_287748.jpg