• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Momma to be........

sharkbait

Blue Ring
Registered
Baby eyes........

It's been about 2 and a half weeks and the little boogers are developing.Got my 35 gallon tank up for the babies and the LFS has there tank ready and a few other guru'' to see if we can get these guys to grow up all big and strong........Getting all excited now that I can see eyes!Hope it is not much longer..

Attachments

• conv_287479.jpg
    conv_287479.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 40

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Wont be long now, the young ones have already flipped over :smile:

Barnstorm

Blue Ring
Registered
Nancy said:
It's important to have amphipods of varying sizes, small ones for the hatchlings when they start, and larger ones as they grow. You might check with Octopets to make sure this is the case, or request a mixture.
Nancy

Are amphipods hardy enough to be introduced while the tank is still cycling?

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Yes, they normally arrive in peoples tank with the initial batch of live rock, they can survive a break in period with unseeded live rock!

sharkbait

Blue Ring
Registered
Here is another pic,you might be able to see a little better.......
If i could only get a pic of what i see.I can see the little legs perfect.The one you see in this pic is movin around a little in the egg.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjh1951

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak