• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Mesonychoteuthis humour!

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
I sent GS a note last week, asking him if he'd previously gone by the name "Midgard Serpent." No response. He's probably self-medicating with White Teuthids (4oz. aquavit, 4oz. Lysol, strained through crushed ice with an Orange Roughy garnish).

:glass:

Clem

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
:roflmao:

Oh my... too bad they based to much of it on that totally inaccurate infographic though... we tried to get them to fix that but apparently the damage has been done. :?

tomossan

Blue Ring
Registered
you mean its not twice the size as a sperm whale?!?!

i am shocked and disheartened.

When will the fat cats at BBC learn that scientific accuracy is far more important than ratings.

this is a day of shame for Britain :oops:

only joking, but the graphic was cool; i did however think they reduced the GS's size and posture on purpose to make the Meso look more menacing.

Take care, :spongebo:

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
It's comforting to see that the double-decker bus remains one of Britain's standard unit of measure. If they were to be phased out, popular science would suffer a grievous loss.

:cry:

Clem

tomossan

Blue Ring
Registered
dont even think about that clem.

its not worth upsetting yourself, and us over something that WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

and if it does, i think :meso: will have something to say about it. Its not evryday u get measured up agianst a double decker bus =P

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
Tomossan,

You're right, of course. The double-decker bus is as much an eternal symbol of Britain as the Concorde.

:roll:

Clem

GeoffC

Cuttlefish
Registered
It's comforting to see that the double-decker bus remains one of Britain's standard unit of measure.

And elephants... If you ever read a kids science book in the 70's. All dinosaurs, whales, monsters mythical or otherwise were measured in bus-lengths and elephant weights (usually bull elephants, as I believe the SI unit is called) :grad:

Hope that clarifies things?

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
what about cows? how many times have i heard about something (or things - usually pirahnas) being able to eat a cow in X mins.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHF8

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak