MEET 'octavia'!

dawnchihuahua

GPO
Registered
Hehehhee! Good one! Yeah, I lived in Sterling age 0-11. I think that Octo I knew was named Marty.

So are there any pics of this new baby??

rcl

O. vulgaris
Registered
!!!!!!!!!!!! (part 2!)

No pics yet but there undoubtedly will be by the end of the day --- there are MANY babies this morning!!!! I would guess there are many 20 to 30 now.. it's amazing to watch so many of them jetting around in the tank together!

This morning I looked in at the mother and I was afraid that she wasn't moving, so I disturbed the area around here with a stick.. after a while she finally put an arm out, but it looked like she was very tired/weak... I guess helping all of these little guys hatch has put a strain on her!

I will definitely be dragging people with cameras over here today, I can't wait to share the pictures with everybody!

Robert and Octavia :tentacle:

dawnchihuahua

GPO
Registered
AWWWW how sweet!!! I am so excited for you :bluering: OH! And if you happen to have a bunch live in a couple months, put me down as someone who wants to buy one, please:mrgreen:

rcl

O. vulgaris
Registered
PICTURES!!!!!!

Thanks so much to my friend, I have gotten some pictures of the baby octos!!!! These are all the small versions of the pictures. If you would like them in all sizes (up to 1600x1200), you can go to....

http://lucidsoft.org/~kingfish/gallery/bobs_sea_world

All of the pictures he took tonight are up there, the octopus babies are the first group of pictures, the others are of other tanks. Here are some highlights...

640x480-CIMG1652.JPG

640x480-CIMG1654.JPG

640x480-CIMG1657.JPG

640x480-CIMG1676.JPG

I may upload several of these to the picture database when I get a chance!!!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Wow!!! Great pics! They seem to be of pretty good size! What are you doing for feeding?

Good luck with em!

Carol

rcl

O. vulgaris
Registered
Right now I am feeding only frozen food, cylopese, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, and other 'formula one' frozen prepared foods.. I'm feeding this in total darkness (man do they like to come out when its dark!) with garlic. I have no idea if it is being eaten or not...... I also have no idea if they're finding food on the live rock or not!

Tomorrow I'm planning to go out and get some brine shrimp cysts to hatch, and I'm going to feed ones of all size to the tank, and I'm thinknig I will order amphipods as well from octopets or sachs.

I sure do hope they are eating!

oh...

WOW!
:shock:
One day, one day I too will have baby octopus.
can I just put in one more wow!

If you were in the neighbourhood I would strip all my mates damsels and give you the bubs as feeders..... :cool2:

ceph_dude

Cuttlefish
Registered
That has got to be the coolest thing i have ever seen :mrgreen: !!!!!!!
Your so lucky!! I would buy one, but i think that you live too far away for me to get one :cry: Oh well, i'm thinking of going to that one in Lancaster. A map would help a lot too :biggrin2: ! Once again, your so lucky!!!!!