• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Live Rock quanitity

I have a 55 gallon tank, and am planning on a few dwarf cuttles or an octopus of undetermined species. I went out to buy some live rock, but all I could afford was about 20lbs. i was planning to ad more rock as my little buddy or buddies get bigger. is this acceptable?

In general, you want about 1-1.5 pounds per gallon. You do realize that the real cost of keeping a ceph is supplying the live food??? If you can't afford the cost of setting up the aquarium, you might want to delay getting a cephalopod until you have a bit more $$$.

Have you considered volunteering at an aquarium? I don't know if there are any near you, but it would be a good way to meet people who love the same things you do and to get some experience caring for lots of sea creatures.

I don't know what part of Texas you are from (and I know Texas is BIG), but there are aquariums in Galveston, Dallas and Corpus Christi.

I won't have my aquarium till i'm 16 and by then i'll have a job

That was close. you almost disalusioned me. I actually almost gave up. darn you manic depression that runs in my family, darn you.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back