• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Kindred spirit on eBay

Behold a kindred spirit!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3777659089&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT

After reading her amazing self-description and bidding on this great painting (keeping my tentacles crossed), I sent the artist/seller the following message via the eBay system:

Hi Pauline -- Not a question, but a friendly note from a fellow cephalofan! As you can see, I've bid on this delightful painting of yours, and after reading your auction notes I wanted to let you know about an online community I belong to called TONMO (www.tonmo.com), which stands for The Octopus News Magazine Online. We're a group of over 2000 people from all walks of life -- marine biologists (including some names you may recognize), aquarists, students, artists, writers, and ordinary folks like myself (BTW, I'm also the mom of a teenager) -- with a fascination for octopus, squid, cuttlefish, nautilus, ammonite, and all things ceph-related. TONMO covers the subject of cephalopods from every possible angle -- scientific, ecological, literary (including H.P. Lovecraft), artistic, culinary, cultural, folkloric, humorous, and just plain fun. Besides, we're a pretty cool bunch of people! :smile: Please check out the site, I think you'll love it. Peace (and squidly salutations :smile:)

Hope she "bites" -- I think Pauline would make a great addition to our community. Will let ya know if I hear from her....

Keepin' on keepin' on,
Tani

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Sent a reply also...very nice piece, I hope you win too!!!!!
It really is important to support the arts...most of us are starving!

greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PmZkilla

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak