• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Introducing -- the TONMO.com Octopodcast (pilot episode: Episode 1)

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
TONMO.com Octopodcast

I'm pleased to announce the first ever TONMO.com Octopodcast!

I hope this is a good introduction to the program... I promise this will get better, once we start interviewing people. :smile: But this month, I talk a bit about the community and generally try to acclimate to this new format for content.

I'll add this to the navigation soon. Thanks for listening!

Last edited:

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Came off well, Tony ! Now, all we need is a streaming video to go with it !

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
cuttlegirl said:
You sounded professional. Who did you coerce into being your female voice in the "commercial"? Great start!
Thanks much! I will strive for far less "ums..." and "you knows..." in future recordings :smile:... The much more professional-sounding contribution came from my wife!

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Am I right in guessing the music is another of your original compositions? It sounds a lot like the "Lobster Sauce" you posted in the suppoters section a while back, but I didn't think it was exactly that one...

In any case, it's a good start to what will hopefully be another good resource for TONMO! :cool2:

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
monty said:
Am I right in guessing the music is another of your original compositions? It sounds a lot like the "Lobster Sauce" you posted in the suppoters section a while back, but I didn't think it was exactly that one...

In any case, it's a good start to what will hopefully be another good resource for TONMO! :cool2:
Thanks!

The music is indeed my own... :oops: :roll: The intro was recorded yesterday, but the ending music was indeed "Lobster Sauce". The bass stuff was marginalized, perhaps that's why it sounds different? Hope to have new recordings next time which are more... consumable... but these were enough to set the format!

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Matt Jones said:
Hi,

I've just listened to the podcast. I thought it was great, I look forward to the next, and the next...
Thanks very much! I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

And thanks again for the PM -- with your suggestions I was able to cut the file size down by more than half!

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acorn kid

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak