Introducing -- the TONMO.com Octopodcast (pilot episode: Episode 1)

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
TONMO.com Octopodcast

I'm pleased to announce the first ever TONMO.com Octopodcast!

I hope this is a good introduction to the program... I promise this will get better, once we start interviewing people. :smile: But this month, I talk a bit about the community and generally try to acclimate to this new format for content.

I'll add this to the navigation soon. Thanks for listening!

Last edited:
cuttlegirl said:
You sounded professional. Who did you coerce into being your female voice in the "commercial"? Great start!
Thanks much! I will strive for far less "ums..." and "you knows..." in future recordings :smile:... The much more professional-sounding contribution came from my wife!

Am I right in guessing the music is another of your original compositions? It sounds a lot like the "Lobster Sauce" you posted in the suppoters section a while back, but I didn't think it was exactly that one...

In any case, it's a good start to what will hopefully be another good resource for TONMO! :cool2:

monty said:
Am I right in guessing the music is another of your original compositions? It sounds a lot like the "Lobster Sauce" you posted in the suppoters section a while back, but I didn't think it was exactly that one...

In any case, it's a good start to what will hopefully be another good resource for TONMO! :cool2:
Thanks!

The music is indeed my own... :oops: :roll: The intro was recorded yesterday, but the ending music was indeed "Lobster Sauce". The bass stuff was marginalized, perhaps that's why it sounds different? Hope to have new recordings next time which are more... consumable... but these were enough to set the format!

Matt Jones said:
Hi,

I've just listened to the podcast. I thought it was great, I look forward to the next, and the next...
Thanks very much! I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

And thanks again for the PM -- with your suggestions I was able to cut the file size down by more than half!

Thanks Tony,

Great start! I look forward to seeing this concept being intelligently designed further and further :biggrin2:

Thanks Tony. I just listened to it and enjoyed it a great deal. It must be quite difficult to talk for 15 minutes or so without a script and keep it coherant and remaining interesting. I'm certainly looking forward to future installments, especially any forthcoming interviews you have planned.

One brief thought: I suppose copyright issues would forbid the use of 'Octopuses Garden' as the intro music on future podcasts?

Phil said:
Thanks Tony. I just listened to it and enjoyed it a great deal. It must be quite difficult to talk for 15 minutes or so without a script and keep it coherant and remaining interesting. I'm certainly looking forward to future installments, especially any forthcoming interviews you have planned.
Thanks! I enjoyed it; maybe I'll do something sooner than later...

Phil said:
One brief thought: I suppose copyright issues would forbid the use of 'Octopuses Garden' as the intro music on future podcasts?
Sure Phil, I can take a hint... :roll: :mrgreen:

Actually, yes... I had thought about a few octo-relevant songs... although, I think if I use 30-second clips, it's fair game? Not sure about the rule on that... I promise to hit more notes next time (but not all)...

cuttlegirl said:
I'm pretty sure you're safe if you use 30 second clips. I'll check with my musician husband later for you...
I know that you can use up to 40 seconds for promo only. Maybe I should just write/record something for the podcast. Or you could get OB he's a musician too.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back