Inkler - O'Briareus

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I just wonder on her size as she still is very small for a Briarius. Maybe has doubled in size. I have not seen the dilated pupil since that one time. She's active but very secretive but that could be cause her playmate was away for a week!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
RIP Inkler....I found her yesterday morning gone...Remember a few octopuses back I questioned the growth rate and wondered if sometimes we acquire the ones that would not make it in the wild, but because we have them in a safe environment they live longer than they would have? I think this was the case with Inkler. She never grew to the size a Briarieus should be. Her size was , curled up, the size of silver dollar. I noticed she had stopped eating about a week or so ago and was doing that pacing that they do with the enlarged pupils. Water quality is fine.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Sorry about Inkler. In humans there is a condition called "failure to thrive". Seems like she had a similar problem.

RIP Inkler :angelpus:

Nancy

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Size has been a large varient in the briareus but Inkler was by far the smallest. It may be that she/he was much older (thus no sign of huge growth rates) and was much older than assumed. Until this one, I have thought that briareus was one of the few we could use size to gauge age.

Latest Posts