• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

I love my new pH meter

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
I don't generally post about my equipment, but I decided to buy a good quality pH meter that does continuous monitoring. It's set up on my small invert aquarium right now, but can be easily removed for getting readings on new salt water or the other tank.

I love the continuous readout of pH - I watched it during a water change and was able to see exactly now the new water affected the pH.

My old one was (relatively) inexpensive and went bad after about a year and half

Nancy

Thats's the same as me always having a digital thermometer reading the fire salamander tank all day LOL

Sounds like exciting times at your households. Wait a minute...aren't I the one with digital temps on/in every tank...and they light up...jeez, we are an odd crew.

Those ph meters are fantastic...good buy!

Yes, we are an odd crew - we are entertained by the strangest things!

Does anyone use an sg or salinity meter with continuous readout? As far as I can tell, they are less popular than the pH meters.

Nancy

Don't use any of the above!!! But we have an open system with constantly flowing seawater. If we change to recirc we do have a pH meter, conductivity monitor (posh salinity thingy!) and various test kits ready to go.

I just bought a digital lightmeter................does that count????

J

Jean said:
Don't use any of the above!!! But we have an open system with constantly flowing seawater. If we change to recirc we do have a pH meter, conductivity monitor (posh salinity thingy!) and various test kits ready to go.

I just bought a digital lightmeter................does that count????

J
Yeah, yeah, yeah...rub all of our noses in it... :lol:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back