• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

I got my briareus in today

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinerules

Wonderpus
Registered
i bought him from a guy on ebay , that has sold them in the past

havent got a good look at him since he is still acllimating

i must admit , im nervous about keeping this octpoous , as im keeping this guy in a 55 , where in the past , I have kept them in my 240 , but i missed my fish , and restocked the 240 , but I had to have another octo

glasscages.com

marinerules

Wonderpus
Registered
no picture yet , i dont wwnat to scare hi , its been about 3 hours , and he is still inside the jif peanut butter container that he was shipped in

he was shippin in this container with holes and the this containerw as in a bag as well

i hope he makes it , he wont come out of that contatiner he came in

where as my bimac when i got them in , they would hide, but they would still reach out fo rthings ect.

marinerules

Wonderpus
Registered
ok he has left the jar finally , he is now on the front glass just sitting there and swaying his arms in the water.

he wont eat any snails , or any crawdads i have offered,

of course its still the first day

im defeinatly going to have to get a bigger tank though

this guys head is alreayd a little larger than an egg

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
Sorry to hear that.

Could you elaborate how he was shipped...inside a peanut butter jar?? Did the shipper use pure oxygen in the bag? Sounds just a little bit sketchy.

Dan

marinerules

Wonderpus
Registered
so are you colin , i just cringe when i see your name on my posts , i rather you just stay away form them

he was shipped in a penaut jar wiht holes in the jar, and the jar was in a bag with about a 2 quarts or more of water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustyn

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak