• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Hurricane Rita

Well here at the NRCC we are preparing for the Hurricane due to the likelyhood of us getting a direct hit or a near miss. I'm the lucky (or unlucky) person that has to stay behind and stay in the lab until it is over. Unfortionatly we are right next to the water and only have a 8 foot seawall protecting us. However I'm sure we will manage.

Wish us luck. :smile:

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
Good luck Marinebio_guy......................fingers, toes (& everything else) crossed that it dies down a little. Or misses completely.

Jean

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Very brave of you to stay and protect all the cephs. At least you're not on the sea side of the hurricane.

I've heard of others staying as well - hope this one won't be as big as the 1900 storm.

If you want company and still have power, please continue posting from time to time.

Our thoughts are with you,

Nancy

ditto on that, hope it goes well, hope all the cephs are all right as well, do you have backup generators, or have you tried to evacuate some of the animals?

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
good luck

:goofysca: take care of yourself!

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Take care of yourself down there, Marinebioguy! Here's praying the worst of it misses you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasjedlicka

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak