Hello from England :oD

Matt H

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Hello, i'm matt haworth from London, England. Ive been reading bits and bobs off of this site for ages now but have only recently got around to signing up and saying hi.

Erm, let's see...I've just started my 3rd and final year of Marine Biology at the university of Newcastle upon tyne and I'm facinated with behavioural studies of octopuses and squid particularly those involving colour changes. After this year i'd like to move on to do a masters in marine animal behaviour. However, there don't seem to be any decent corses here in the UK :hmm:

This summer was particularly cool because i got a chance to work at the Seattle Aquarium with Dr. Roland Anderson - So much fun!

Right, i can't really think of anything much more to say and i don't want to bore you all so i'll leave it at that.

Ta,

Matt :o)

:welcome: right on, Matt, welcome! Always nice when long-time visitors introduce themselves! We've got a strong UK base here and you've just made it better...

:unionjac:

Hi and :welcome: to Tonmo.com at last!

Yeah, the Seattle Aquarium is pretty impressive. Love the dome there.

Hi, dude. I'm pretty new here myself, just a wee bit North of you... well, Scotland...
Marine Biology, eh? I'd have loved to do that, but the Uni I'm at don't do it, so I'm just sticking with zoology, with a bit of a leaning to the marine side (especially Ceph's!).
'Mon the Brits! :lol:

Graeme

Awesome, yey, some replies! I love the cuthulu toy there - i've got one too :o) Marine biology is good but theres too much emphasis on conservation and management when i want to move into behaviourology and physiology :oS

Ugh, just back from the first day (although its only been 2 hours) and they've given us 2 massive projects to do. One of them is in "reproduction and life histories" so i reckon cephs may have to get put in to that one :o)

Matt H said:
Erm, let's see...I've just started my 3rd and final year of Marine Biology at the university of Newcastle upon tyne

*memories of great field trip at the marine station there*
Great place!

TPOTH

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back