• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Octopus

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
Mr. Octopus' first birthday was this Sunday, August 5th. So far he's summered surprisingly well, seemingly unfazed by the heat (knock on wood!), still eating a fiddler crab every night and spraying me with water whenever I try to give him one.

Attachments

• conv_303090.jpg
    conv_303090.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 78
  • conv_303091.jpg
    conv_303091.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 63
  • conv_303092.jpg
    conv_303092.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 67

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
A very Happy Birthday to Mr. Octopus! He looks like he knows how to celebrate! :birthday:

That means that all of Zyan Silver's octopuses are having a birthday - how many are still with us?
Happy Birthday to you all!

Nancy

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
:birthday: Mr. Octopus! Did you make him a crab cake?

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
...not often we get to celebrate octopus birthdays, so :birthday: Mr. Octopus!

Definitely excellent photos. Not sure there was ever a photo of an octopus birthday party prior to this one.

What did you base the birthday on? Hatched date? Received date?

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
Mr. Octopus thanks everyone for the well wishes.

Zyan mentioned Mr. O's hatching date in another thead. He was over six months old when
he arrived, so I don't think we can expect him to be around to celebrate his anniversary. Given the recent temperatures I'm very surprised he's still alive today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kezrah

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak