• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Good Heaven's!!! A new 20,000 leagues Under the Sea?

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
Do any of you have opinions on SciFi's new Battlestar Galactica series? I've always been a fan of the original--despite being too young to see it outside of syndication. Admitting that, I think the new one is an order of magnitude better.

Dan

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I am much more of a horror buff than a scifi ...and I have tried to watch it over and over...but BG is still boring to me...but all of my friends who are into scifi say it is awesome!!!
the only scifi show I really dug was babylon 5...I loved the elder races !!!

greg

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
when it comes to the scifi channel, i'm still waiting for writers from stargate sg-1 to read clem's article (http://www.tonmo.com/articles/midgard.php) and throw some cephish elements into the show......

as for battlestar, i say good casting but i havent gotten hooked yet.....

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
DHyslop said:
Do any of you have opinions on SciFi's new Battlestar Galactica series? I've always been a fan of the original--despite being too young to see it outside of syndication. Admitting that, I think the new one is an order of magnitude better.

Dan

It's only just started here (we're on the 3rd episode......last night!) much darker than the original, much more of a struggle......will keep watching.......maybe we'll get a HUGE space cylon ceph??????
:lol:

J

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Well, I've seen the whole of the new series of Battlestar Galactica and can honestly say it's brilliant. In my rambling opinion it's by far the best sci-fi series since Babylon 5. For some reason the whole series was shown here in the UK before the US transmission.

Stick with it, it is very character driven and is very dark with some some very interesting twists and turns...and the end...... OMG!!!!!! Yes, you will see more of the metal cylons and they are very well animated. Can't wait for Season 2 which has just been approved.

Pity the new B5 movie has been cancelled. :-(

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
most definitely is dark.... wins points for that..... why is it that scifi airs everythingy in the UK 2-3 weeks before US, let alone other places.....

katie sackhoff playing a fallible starbuck and tricia helfer definitely win me over..... if you want to stretch things i guess you could say the cyclon base star are almost nautilusish when they launch a wad of raider.... of course thats a heck of a stretch....

Phil said:
Stick with it, it is very character driven and is very dark with some some very interesting twists and turns...and the end...... OMG!!!!!! Yes, you will see more of the metal cylons and they are very well animated. Can't wait for Season 2 which has just been approved.

Pity the new B5 movie has been cancelled. :-(

The new metal cylons are bada$$. I was five when I used to watch Galactica with my parents and we loved the original (though I will admit to being a bit spooked by the original Cylons).

B5 was brilliant. So sad to hear about that movie...

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
Sorry to interrupt the "Battlestar" talk, I thought this nice French Absolut ad might not have been seen yet. "Absolut 20,000 Leagues" is an official French advert for the premium vodka, tied-in with a bar in Marseille (address below the title).

Yours truly, despite being a traitor,

Baltar

Attachments

• conv_287729.jpg
    conv_287729.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 44

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHF8