• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

giant squid in spain

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
7: a.m. : Just saw video on CNN of a 27 footer they got off of Spain...no links yet on the cnn website...but on the video, it looked to be in remarkably great condition !
greg

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
Phaaahhhh,

You beat me to it.

I'm not sure, but slide #2 shows what looks like an enucleated Architeuthis eyeball in someone's hand; I thought it was the beak at first, but I think there's a lens in there.

Also noteworthy is the slide showing a bulldog emerging from the squid's mantle.

Thanks, Greg and Phil.

Clem

Bald Evil

Cuttlefish
Registered
"The largest giant squid ever found was nearly 60 feet long and weighed 2,000 pounds."

Who discovered that squid, pray tell? The renowned teuthologist Dr. Munchausen? :mrgreen:

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
"Berthold, I told you...no doctors !"
Now wouldn't that be something...like the big Megalodons...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjh1951

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak