• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

G2 Update

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
6PM Saturday night, I was given the brillant idea, to go do a water change on G2's tank. I must admit, I am a little overdue. So I changed the carbon, took apart the Eheim and in the process broke the white thing in the middle of the impellar. No panic yet as I have spare Eheims, so I yacked out another impellar, put it all back together, filled the canister and there's this monster grating noise with no water pumping. At this time, it's now 7:35PM Sat night. So I jump in the car run to a petshop I know who thank goodness has hours till 8 and would wait for me, got the part came back, after 3 more times of empyting the Eheim finally got it running correctly. During all this time G2 has decided all my tools I use are toys, so proceeded to grab my syphon, stalk my hand and sit where I really didn't want him to sit, so I couldn't finish the tank! After all was said and done, G2 was very cooperative for some pics. Moral of this story....don't work on your tanks at 6PM on a Saturday night unless you are sure there is an available petshop for just in cases!!!!!

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Still a photo ham, isn't he?? Great pics...glad you solved your impeller problema !
greg

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Sounds just like a kitty. No wonder Jamaicans refer to them as "sea cats" - always right in the way of what you're trying to do!

Erich :octopus:

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grantbey

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak