• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Feeding experiment

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Hey guys,

I have ten bandnesis and have been feeding them freshwater ghost shrimp for the last 2-3 months. They seem to be doing just fine and growing like weeds. I will be moving them from the nursery to a section of the 100 gallon soon.

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
4 or 5 months old.
There was no weaning involved, the shrimp are live. But, I might not be understanding your question correctly.

My last batch just recently passed away and again, it was around 8 months. I suspect the temperature of last week had something to do with it. But the mysterious 7-8 month mark is curious. Ive fed these guys exclusively shore crabs since they were able to eat them...

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaneMom6800

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak