[edit] Kat finishing thesis, so kind-of online

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
Congrats Kat and welcome back to the ranks of the enslaved in dark foul smelling dungeons (PhD students in squid labs!!!!)

J

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Congrats Kat, and well done! Very good news indeed. :glass:

(See, us Immigration chaps aren't all bad! :wink: )

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
um... said:
Well, yeah... I guess those are the bits that make it fun, eh?

:kiwiflag:

One track mind, you have...jeez, and here I love Kat for her stunning phraseology ! :smile:
Congrats on being able to stay where the trout fishing is sublime!!! Hope you can make it to the states in August though...wouldn't be the same without you!
g-fresh

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Congrats... tis good that Steve didnt succeed in deporting you for 'redecorating' his office......

:twisted:

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Time to go gallivanting once again! Off to the States tomorrow on a hybrid vacation-research sojourn (the best kind :wink:) until late July, so I will be a reduced online presence til then. Hope to compensate when I get back with wild tales of travel and taxonomic adventure in the Smithsonian collections though...

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Oooooh, let's see, Minnesota, Boston, quick stops in New York & Philadelphia, and then DC, North Carolina and Denver. Not that I'm excited... :mrgreen:

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Have a great trip Kat. I hope you have a humpback whale of a time!

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Well, I'm back. And all caught up on the forums, I think... :shock: checked in a couple times while I was in the States but never got a chance to really read any of the threads.
Unfortunately my plans to meet several TONMOers on the East Coast fell through, so I'll just have to come back. :twisted: ... But I did get to visit main_board at home in :canada: , and so did a certain laminated someone else! :twisted: :twisted:
The Smithsonian was great. I am hopefully loaning some very interesting things I saw there, and am writing up the rest of the observations I made in the meantime. My final week got flooded out apart from one half-day, which was very frustrating, but all was not lost - I got to head over to an off-site facility to visit the big Moroteuthis robusta specimens instead!
Anyway, nice to be back. In 8 layers of clothing and clutching a cup of tea.