[edit] Kat finishing thesis, so kind-of online

...thought the boards had a certain smell of ambergris. Glad to see you returned safe and sound from your traumatic journey to the northern tundra!

Northern tundra?!?! Humbug!

Glad that you made it home safe and sound, Kat. It was great to host you and all your, umm...company. Oh, just recently they cut that wheat field out back. Needless to say, lots and lots of fun now! :wink:

Cheers!

Once again I will be offline for a while - I leave on Friday for the first of two big research trips this year, and will be in South Africa (Cape Town) for two weeks, followed by six weeks in the US, returning around mid-July. Hopefully I will have good stories to tell when I get back! I imagine there will be a few interesting moments on the trip to Cape Town alone, since I am traveling with several small squid specimens and a box of dead weevils (returning them to the Museum for another NZ borrower). Stay tuned. :roll: In the meantime I'll check in when I can, but might be fairly quiet overall... I'll miss you guys though!

keep an eye out for Tremoctopus!

And have a good trip, of course!

Well, I'm off again, for another two months. Museums in Europe and Japan this time. Will try to stop in when I can, but in the meantime, be good... :wink:
See you for sure in late November!

Back in NZ again! I saw lots of good stuff in the collections at the Museum Natural Histoire Naturelle (Paris), the British Museum of Natural History (London), the Zoological Museum of the Universitetet i Bergen, and the National Science Museum in Tokyo (and had a great visit with :drk:, who hadn't even seen his icon yet! But now he knows :smile:). Got lots of good data and now... well, now I just have to finish my thesis. :shock:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back