[edit] Kat finishing thesis, so kind-of online

i just pray :canada: doesnt share with us his dream of being fed by :twisted: .....

maybe kat photocopied him to death, then maybe it might be worth listneing to his dreams.......

:cthulhu: :heart: :beer:

Hi everybody,
You probably didn't think this was possible after the past few months, but... until early January I'll most likely be online even less. Finishing the job at Kelly's next week, and am headed off on Friday on a rather large trip to various corners of the earth... England (where I'll see Phil!), Norway, the U.S. and then a thaw-out in Tahiti over New Year's. :wink: But if I see any cephs along the way, I'll let everyone know, and when I get back to Auckland (and AUT, and my degree - all fingers, toes, tentacles and arms crossed!!!) I'll be back in full force.
Watch out, Steve. :twisted:

Tintenfisch said:
am headed off on Friday on a rather large trip to various corners of the earth... England (where I'll see Phil!), Norway, the U.S. and then a thaw-out in Tahiti over New Year's. :wink:

TTF, be sure to go to the Natural History Museum with Phil. I learned a lot that day and I'm still learning from the book he pointed me to (John Maisey's Discovering Fossil Fishes).

Enjoy yourself!

Melissa

[hauls self out of hiding under dark Auckland rock, peering cautiously at new format]
[logs on for the first time in about two months :oops: ]

:shock: Over 3000 new posts... and a new format... I guess I deserve that. It will be a busy few weeks for me... !!!

The trip was great, BMNH was amazing (and thanks to Phil for a great tour through the exhibits!) - photo attached as proof - and I saw the Mesonychoteuthis Holotype (will post photos of that soon too) and some other very interesting stuff!

So... I'm around again, will just need a few weeks to read up on everything that's been going on. Oh, happy 2005, everybody!

Attachments

• conv_287496.jpg
    conv_287496.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 69
Sooooo....THAT was post # 666...guess that was what the bible was talking about!!!!

Perhaps I should change this thread title to 'Kat online for the foreseeable future' ...

You see, I had a call from Immigration yesterday. They have been waiting for about four months on one piece of documentation needed to complete my (otherwise finished) application for NZ permanent residency. Apparently they have had several other cases like mine recently, where the apps are very solid except for this missing piece of documentation, and they have wanted to waive it but have been unable to. So they took my application to the Minister of Immigration as a test case - and he approved it! So, looks like I'm staying. :cool2: It will take them a few weeks to get all the paperwork done, but after 15 months of waiting, I can stand it a little longer. Thereafter, I will be able to stay, live, work, travel in and out of NZ... and re-enroll to finish my PhD!!!!

:party:

Congrats Kat, and well done! Very good news indeed. :glass:

(See, us Immigration chaps aren't all bad! :wink: )

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back