Someone named Scott Greene had an octo that got high on a chocolate chip starfish:
"One of my octopuses used to get intoxicated (I really think so!) on a Chocolate Chip starfish. He would casually approach, purposefully insert a few tentacles into the central disc, and gradually turn a really ghastly color. I pulled him off thinking he was dead the first time, and it took about two hours before he could move again and regain color. I had not told my wife I had seen this, and several days later she suddenly screamed out to me "The octopus just killed himself!" She had observed the same thing, and felt he did it intentionally. So I filmed him this time as he was curled up in a stiff ball, stuck to the starfish, for quite a while, then VERY slowly inched over to his barnacle, half dead and dangling from it for several hours before regaining color. After I had seen this about four times, I removed the starfish. The octopus was stupid, or an addict."