• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

do any of u no a good online store that has mantis shrimp

i was just at a fish store near me and i saw one for sale. It was called a Black Peacock Mantis Shrimp, and was only $7. their website is www.aquatictech.com you would have to call and ask for it i doubt theyy posted it on there.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Peacock or clown mantis shrimps are pretty neat animals...but they do get fairly large !
Send pics when you get one!
greg

SDRotary

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I currently have a O. Scyllarus (Peacock) mantis shrimp and it is the best "pet" i have ever owned. It like to interact with me and my feeding stick a lot. I have it currently in a 5g acrylic hex and it is aboput 3-4". Peacocks do not get as big as many of the spearer varietys. My tank is rather thin and it worries me to see it chip away at the acrylic so a thicker tank will likely be needed eventually. If you find one, grab it.

P.S. Great site, I am learning a lot about Cephlapods and enjoying all your posts.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kungtao

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak